We work to foster individual and collective wellbeing
WHO ARE WE?
Support Groups Queensland (SGQ) assists people in finding and sustaining groups to improve their health and wellbeing.
We help people, their families, and carers, with all kinds of health issues, including genetic conditions, chronic disease, addiction, grief and loss, parenting, trauma, abuse, and mental health challenges.
SGQ is funded to help support groups in Queensland.
Our services are free, and we can help establish, develop, promote, and sustain support groups. Register your group with us so that we can assist others to connect with you.
WHY JOIN A GROUP?
- Connect with and be supported by people who share your lived experiences
- Build useful strategies together
- Access powerful speakers and professional insight
- Build capacity and self-esteem
- Proven to reduce feelings of depression and social isolation.
- Referral to support groups
- Networking and training opportunities
- Speaker and venue sourcing
- Fundraising assistance and auspicing (unincorporated) for groups
- Group facilitation
- Awareness raising and promotion for groups and more
Head to our online directory of over 600 support groups across Queensland.